Bing News PubHub Guidelines for News Publishers
At Bing, we provide our users with the best possible news experience by ensuring that the search and news results they receive are as comprehensive, relevant, balanced, and trustworthy as possible. Publisher guidelines are an important part of providing reliable and authoritative news.
Before you get started
To be considered for inclusion in the Bing news index, sites must first adhere to the general Bing Webmaster guidelines and each of the specific requirements below.
For information about technical issues, please consult our Technical Help Guidelines.
The following sites are not eligible for inclusion in the Bing news index:
- o Non-news sites designed primarily to market products or services
- o Sites with a primary purpose of unauthorized news or content aggregation
- o Sites that do not publish with some level of frequency
- o Sites publishing content that does not adhere to basic standards of grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and word usage
Accountability and transparency. Sites must identify ownership with easily accessible and verifiable contact information, including each of the following:
- o Publisher name
- o Physical address
- o Email address
- o Phone number
Content rights and responsibility. Sites must have legal rights to publish the content on their site and assume responsibility for the content published on its site.
Attribution and representation:
- o Clear, verifiable authorship must be provided for content, including articles, photos and graphics
- o Bylines must primarily use the full names of writers (no pseudonyms or posts by “Admin”)
- o Sources must be provided for facts, quotes and opinions
- o Headlines and link text must accurately represent the connected content
- o Site content consistently reflects the stated purpose and theme of the site
- o Commentary, opinion and reviews must be clearly labeled
Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- o Threatening or violent activity. We do not allow content that promotes illegal activities or is used to threaten, harass, organize violence, or support violent organizations.
- o Promotion of hate. We do not allow content that condones hate or incites violence based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference.
- o Sexually explicit content. We do not allow content that is sexually explicit or promotes illegal sexual activity.
Submitting your site to Bing News PubHub
If you are confident your site adheres to all of the above criteria, submit it to Bing News PubHub.
Please note: Many factors can impact whether your site will be shown in our search results. Computer algorithms make selections based on variables that can include, for example, source authority, newsworthiness, originality, and relevance.
Please contact customer support with any questions about these guidelines. However, please note that we are unable to provide feedback on how to improve your site for evaluation.
Information about technical aspects of Bing News PubHub can be found in our Technical Help Guidelines.